We have been asking readers to give us information about the best ways to grill and got some good feedback. We asked readers to share their favorite non-traditional grilling and barbecue tips as well as ways to cook veggies on a grill. TheDeliveryBag.com wishes you a happy4th of July and hopes when you’re done with the grilling and barbecuing that you find some time relax and enjoy the holiday.
Here are a few more grilling and barbecuing tips we wanted to share.
- Use charcoal whenever possible, place briquettes in a pyramid stack for easy lighting.
- Try adding onions to the hot coals to reduce lighter fluid smell.
- Add your tomato or sugar based grilling sauces at the very end to reduce burning and lock in flavors
- Turn meat over a less than a couple of times, for most meat – once is enough.
- When turning meat over, don’t use a fork or tender juices could escape and make the meat dry.
- Add veggies on another grilling tray to keep different foods ready at the right temperature.
- Have skewers handy – you never know what you can create quickly on the grill with them.
Keep up with the conversation on our Twitter and Facebook page. If you have time to grill and barbecue this weekend, it should be done right with some of the steps above. Don’t forget – if you don’t have time, your favorite restaurant probably knows a few tricks too!