Given that one in three Americans are admittedly trying to cut their gluten intake*, it should come as no surprise that orders featuring gluten-free items were up more than 60% year-over-year. But what does that look like? Our number crunchers detailed that trend like Xzibit used to detail various hot rods on whatever that show was. Check it below the fold.
When our number crunchers discovered that orders featuring gluten-free items were up more than 60 percent year-over-year, we made it one of our many goals to show you how that trend translates to your choices at takeout restaurants. You know, because we care.
So here you go – a list of the top foods ordered by those looking to dodge that ever-dangerous semolina bullet. Fair warning: this’ll make you hungry.
GrubHub’s Most-Ordered Gluten-Free Goodies
- Pizza – almost 25% of gluten-free orders
- Salad – more than 8% of gluten-free orders
- Burger – more than 7% of gluten-free orders
- Wrap – almost 6% of gluten-free orders
- Sandwich – almost 5% of gluten-free orders
- Pad Thai – about 3% of gluten-free orders
- Pasta – almost 3% of gluten-free orders
- Bread – about 2% of gluten-free orders
- Cake – about 2% of gluten-free orders
- Panini – almost 2% of gluten-free orders
See? Although one in three Americans is trying to cut down on the amount of gluten in their diets, more restaurant options and easier ordering tools are springing up across the country to make sure you don’t have to give up the take-out staples you crave. Luckily, we are here to provide you with the food you want, whenever – and however – you want it.