Today is National Eggs Benedict Day. We do not know why, but we are more than prepared to celebrate it. The traditional eggs benedict is made of perfectly poached eggs sitting atop a toasted English muffin, salty ham, and drizzled with creamy hollandaise sauce. While it’s hard to break away from custom, we want to take this opportunity to identify some of the best variations of Eggs Benedict that we have in NYC. Oh and these eggs benny are available for delivery.
1. Eggs Benedict with poached eggs, cheddar biscuit, spinach, ham, hollandaise from BLT Bar & Grill
2. Alias Eggs Benedict with sliced ham steak, two poached eggs, apple mustard hollandaise, biscuit from Alias
3. Benedict Jane with crab and crawfish cakes, spinach, tarragon hollandaise from Jane
4. Ngam’s Eggs Benedict with poached eggs, lemongrass hollandaise sauce, English muffin, clawhammer farm ham with extra Crab from Ngam
5. Eggs Benedict with poached quail egg, cold smoked tuna, truffle urchin emulsion from Geisha
6. Greek Eggs Benedict with creamed spinach, graviera, crispy pita from Kefi
7. Benedict Johnny with chicken sausage, cornbread, roasted tomato hollandaise from Jane
8. Spicy Eggs Benedict with jalapeño-cheddar biscuits, nopales, green chile and chorizo gravy from Dos Caminos
9. Eggs Benedict Arnold a split-open popover filled with black forest ham, three fried eggs & lemon hollandaise from Popover Cafe
10. Irish Benedict poached eggs set on top english muffin, corned beef, crushed potato hash, whiskey hollandaise from Sons of Essex
11. Lobster Eggs Benedict with miso-yuzu hollandaise from SushiSamba
12. Southside Benedict with poached eggs, pulled pork, buttermilk biscuit, chipotle hollandaise, cheddar grits from Wildwood Barbeque
13. David Burke’s Pastrami Salmon Benedict from David Burke at Bloomingdale’s
14. Eggs Benedict with grilled bread, schinken speck, spicy hollandaise, mixed organic greens from Brooklyn Buschenschank
Got other awesome variations of Eggs Benedict? Tell us in the comments below!