Well folks, the summer is all but gone, and in its place comes the ominous Fall. It’s getting chilly and there’s only one thing that can make it better – soup! Hot and delicious, nourishing and great for slurping, nothing beats a good soup, especially when the weather isn’t showing its best side.
Are you missing the sun? Don’t worry! Curl up with one of these fantastic bowls of soup and rest assured that you have plenty to choose from over the coming months.
1. Wor Wonton Soup – Wo Hop has taken wonton soup and packed it to the proverbial gills with chicken, wontons, barbecued pork, scallions and bok choy. Hungry? This soup is for you.
2. Chipotle Spiced Sweet Potato Soup – This spicy bowl of comfort comes from FreeFoods NYC, and it is every bit as delicious as it sounds. Try it.
3. Laksa – Laksa is a beautiful, creamy, coco-nutty, seafood-stuffed noodle soup that comes to us from Thailand. Fortunately, you don’t have to go that far to have a bowl of it for yourself, because the folks at Laut can totally hook you up.
4. Tom Kha Soup – Talde restaurant in Brooklyn has an impressive brunch and dinner menu, and not least among those dishes on offer is the Lobster Tom Kha. This soup has a sweet coconut milk base that is infused with zingy lemongrass and filled with mushrooms.
5. Pho – Pho is the Vietnamese version of chicken noodle soup. It generally is made with chicken, noodles and of course, broth. Boi Noodles makes several versions: Chicken, beef, beef balls or Saigon. The Pho Saigon has beef and beef balls. Hearty!
6. White Bean, Root Vegetable & Pumpkin Soup -The chefs at Gobo are dedicated to providing a feast for all the senses with each of their dishes, and this perfect Fall soup definitely hits the mark. It’s filling, delicious and totally nutritious.
Got some more great soups that should be added to this list? Share them in the comments below!