Some days, it just doesn’t pay to act your age. Things not going your way today? Throw propriety to the wind and embrace your inner 10-year old self! Here are a few delicious ways to take a trip down memory lane and give yourself a hug – from the inside.
1. Mac ‘n Cheese – This delicious dinnertime staple of every American child, as featured at DuMont Burger in Brooklyn will surely put a smile on your face. It’s creamy, rich and totally homemade.
2. Meatloaf – Remember meatloaf on Sunday nights at home with mom and dad? Order in from The Meatloaf Bakery in Chicago and relive that luscious, spicy loaf whenever you want! (Featured above!)
3. Grilled Cheese – Grilled cheese sandwiches are the fail-safe lunchtime meal for moms and babysitters all across America. Luke’s Lobster in Washington DC has taken this beloved gooey sandwich and made it even more amazing with the addition of chunk lobster meat. Who could resist a treat like this?
4. Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cheesecake – The Igloo Cafe in Astoria has something we’ve all been dreaming of since we were small children: a decadent Oreo cheesecake smothered in chocolate. No need to bother with dinner. Just skip right to dessert this time.
5. Chili Cheese Dog – Perhaps the greatest thing ever invented: the delivery hot dog, straight to your door. At George’s Hot Dogs in Chicago, you get just that. For an extra special version beloved by messy kids everywhere, try the spectacular chili cheese dog.
6. Ants on a Log – It’s simple, it’s healthy, and when you have it delivered to your door it’ll definitely make you giggle. From Peanut Butter & Co. in New York City, it’s none other than Ants on a Log: otherwise known as sticks of celery filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins. Yum!
7. Turtle Ice Cream Pie – Chocolate, cream, peanut butter, ice cream. And some more chocolate. At Simplethings Sandwich and Pie Shop in Los Angeles, this beautiful creation from childhood can be in your own two hands in no time. Sharing not always recommended!
Fabulous foods like these are always available, just like your blankie used to be. Don’t let a bad day get you down – remember the good times and give yourself a special, tummy-hugging treat!