Craving Greek food? Who isn’t! Greek food is the pinnacle of Mediterranean flavors and feel-good traditional dishes like spanikopita and moussaka. Using high-quality ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs, grains, wine, fish and game such as lamb, rabbit, pork and poutry, Greek chefs are responsible for some of the most satisfying meals in the world. Check out these top-notch Greek restaurants for some takeout today!
1. Kopiaste Taverna: The Kopiaste Taverna says “Food is Family, Food is Life, Food is Everything.” Located in Astoria, NY, Kopiaste features an enormous menu full of cold and hot appetizers, traditional entrees and desserts.
2. The Frog’s Crown Cafe: Based in Soho, The Frog’s Crown Cafe is the perfect place to find luscious Greek treats and lunch items like turkey sandwiches with kalamata olive spread, spinach pie, quiche and baklava.
3. GRK: Found in New York’s Financial District, GRK offers a perfect lunch-time for the work day or just whenever you’re feeling the urge to indulge. Choose from select meats and vegetables to be paired in a pita and topped with traditional tzatziki.
4. Olympic Flame Diner: This Diner, located on West 60th Street in NYC, is dedicated to serving fresh, healthy American and Greek food to its customers. Order in for fresh juices, muffins, bagels, omelets, pancakes and waffles, gyros and hot sandwiches. Perfect for breakfast and afternoon meals!
5. Boukies: Boukies is an East Village restaurant that takes Greek food from all regions of the country to a new, luxurious level. Order here for delicious dolmades, caviar dip, grilled octopus, pan-seared shrimp with roasted red pepper sauce, and braised chickpeas and eggplant.
6. Taverna Kyclades: is in the perfect location to cater to New York’s Astoria Greek population. Find lamb, chicken and seafood here as well as daily lunch specials including fried whiting, grilled chicken, pork kebabs and Greek-style hamburgers.
7. Souvlaki GR: This Greek restaurant markets itself as “A little bit of ‘Mykonos’ in the heart of New York City’s Lower East Side.” Get a taste of real, traditional Greek cuisine, from chicken souvlaki pitas to baked feta.