We at the User Experience Team at GrubHub have heard a lot about how you think ordering from your phone should be. And we listened. Based on this feedback, we’re proud to present a new and improved GrubHub iPhone app, available from the App Store.
Don’t worry, Android users, we haven’t forgotten you. In fact, we’re also proud to announce the public beta of our very first Android app, available on the Android Market. Just go to the Android Market on your Android device and search “grubhub” to find it. Remember, this is our public beta, so many more features will be coming Android’s way soon.
Now, we realize that not everyone has an iPhone or an Android phone, so we also released improvements to our mobile website. The mobile website uses the latest capabilities of HTML5, including geo-location and client-side storage, to offer the ability to search by current location and to remember your address for future use. All in all, there’s a whole lot of mobile going on at GrubHub.
Check out our new mobile page to see all the details.
With the updated iPhone app, GrubHub users can now log into their existing accounts or create a new account from their mobile device and take advantage of new, more personalized functionality including:
• Using your phone’s GPS to find out who delivers to you
• Viewing menus, reviews, and ratings before placing your order
• Searching for restaurants that deliver in 13 major cities: Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Denver, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Boulder, Washington D.C. and Oakland.
• Searching for specific items, restaurants, and cuisines from the home screen
• Saving multiple addresses so you can order from your home, office or local watering hole
• Viewing past orders and reordering with one tap
• Saving credit cards so you don’t have to retype all those pesky numbers
Android app As mentioned earlier, GrubHub now has an Android app as well. This app allows Android users to search by their current location, find a specific food item, cuisine, or restaurant name, read reviews and order online.
The iPhone and Android app are both free to download. And it’s always free to order online at GrubHub.com. To download the GrubHub Android App, visit the App Market on your phone and search for “grubhub.” The iPhone app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store®. As always, we’d love to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment or shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com.