To celebrate the completion of the 2nd Annual Craved Awards, we held an amazing event this past Wednesday in New York, our hometown, to honor the winning restaurants. We’re proud to say that the event sold out almost instantly and 100% of all ticket sales went toward Hurricane Sandy relief efforts benefiting Food Bank For New York City.
Check out the party pics and a full recap below!
[wooslider slider_type=”attachments” limit=”15″]
Among the Craved Award winners who so generously shared their fine foods with us were:
- Ditch Plains serving delectable macaroni and cheese hot dogs
- Blockheads offering chicken and vegetarian tacos, and a salsa to remember
- Blue Smoke‘s Memphis style babyback ribs were unforgettable
- Atomic Wings served up wings of the boneless and traditional varieties, served any way we could imagine… alongside waffle fries
- Energy Kitchen brought out their Thai chicken wraps and a corn and edamame salad
- Mooncake Foods cooked up grilled tofu and buckwheat noodle salad with a cilantro ginger pesto dressing, as well as lemongrass shrimp and rice noodle salad with a ginger chili dressing
On the beverage side of things, the open bar was complemented by two original Seamless cocktails: Deliverance and The Pick-Me-Up. The former, simple and elegant, consisted of Gin, Ginger Ale, and Grand Marinier (impressing fans of alliteration as well as the cocktailians among us), and the latter, was comprised of Absolut Citron, seltzer and a float of watermelon.
DJ Haha spun beets that gave us all good vibes, and the ambiance at 873 Broadway was both welcoming and swanky simultaneously (a rare combo in New York these days…).
Dessert consisted of none other than eight Insomnia Cookies varieties, ranging from snickerdoodle to double chocolate mint to peanut butter chip. (Needless to say, this blog post is being published some 40 hours after the event ended because we just awoke from our food comas!)
Let us not forget that our gift bags were equipped with Murray’s Bagels (and jelly) for any fun-night-rough-morning situations that may have arose, along with mini vodka bottles accompanied by a Bloody Mary mix, and, of course USB-powered automatic Seamless order buttons to thank our most loyal and dedicated fans!