UPDATE: Hostess Brands are saved! But we still think these snacks are great. So keep reading…
Hostess is closing for good and we are all quite a bit saddened. Whether or not you find the Twinkies and the Ding Dongs to be “good for you,” they are most definitely an American staple that bring back truly sweet childhood memories. I personally remember the first time I unwrapped a Sno Ball. It was pure magic and I’m still coming out of my sugar coma 12 years later. Now, as we come to the realization that we may no longer be able to enjoy a Ho Ho as a casual after school snack or use Wonder Bread to make our favorite sandwich, let’s round up some other sweet alternatives that we can turn to during this time.
Here are our top 5 alternative treats to the Hostess Brand Treats:
1. Fried Oreos (Because sometimes that’s better than a Ding Dong).
2. Mini Pies (Because that’s definitely better than a Hostess Fruit Pie).
3. Really Good Bread (Because yes, it’s better than Wonder Bread).
4. Artisan Donuts (Because these are also better than the Hostess Donettes).
5. Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes (Because these don’t come in a wrapper like a Twinkie).
We are truly sad that Hostess will be no longer, but we think we do have some great things to eat instead.