The Top 7 Nacho Dishes In NYC
As the never-ending horse race for the presidency enters its last legs, many of us are still recovering what has proven to be an absolutely insane week. So before a potential Nor’easter rocks our world (again) tomorrow, let’s take today, Election Day, to rejoice while eating nachos, because November 6 is also National Nacho Day. We won’t have another presidential election on Nacho Day for some 28 years. So, until 2040, this is your last chance to chow down as the returns come in! Sit back, and let the pundits serenade you with an interactive red and blue map while you get nachos delivery from the following 7 spots:
- Professor Thom’s – The Nacho’s De Tomas are most certainly not your traditional nachos. (I kid you not, six big dudes and I couldn’t finish this massive nachos plate!)
- Cafe Ollin – This uptown classic somehow makes nachos to perfection if such a thing exists. You’ll have to order it for yourself, because tasting is believing.
- San Loco – With locations in the Lower East Side, East Village, Alphabet City, or Williamsburg, San Loco has you covered for amazing nacho delivery served in ten different ways, no matter where you’re watching the election!
- Ofrenda – For the non-meat-eating nacho lover, Ofrenda is second to none. Chow down on nachos con chorizo vegetarian style with black beans, pico de gallo, jalapeno, chihuahua cheese, and sour cream.
- Zocalo – For the person stuck in midtown working late as the returns roll in, Zocalo, located in Grand Central Terminal is most surely your go-to spot.
- Cowgirl Seahorse – Ditto, but for the folks down in the FiDi. They pile ’em high here, and serve their nachos 14 different ways… one of which is called Hurricane (though we suspect it’s too soon to order that one…).
- Warren 77 – This Tribeca fan favorite serves up a gourmet-style nachos platter with 2 kinds of cheeses and diced chicken. And it’s piled sky high. Perfect for an election night in!