Today we are excited to announce the launch of our new, faceted ratings and reviews system. The new system provides in-depth insights into three aspects of the takeout experience, to help diners make more educated ordering decisions: accuracy of delivery time, order accuracy and food quality. It also raises the bar for transparency and trust in the online restaurant ratings and reviews space, with an unprecedented volume of diner-generated data and fraud prevention enhancements.
Cultivated through extensive market research and usability testing with both new and existing diners, the new system provides significant benefits for diners and restaurant owners, and is tailor-made for the online food ordering experience.
How it works:
The new system is powered by a true collaboration with diners. Each day, Grubhub collects, on average, 70,000 data points from its customers. These data points are provided by diners shortly after they receive and consume their meal, via a short text survey, or a survey that appears when the diner logs back onto the Grubhub site. In either case, the diner is asked a short series of questions about their experience. The data from these responses is then aggregated into an overall star rating as well as a score for each facet of the ordering experience.
Benefits for Diners
- More useful information to make educated ordering decisions, including insights into:
- Order accuracy
- Food quality
- Accuracy of delivery time
- An easier, faster way to provide timely reviews of local restaurants
- Increased trust due to improved accuracy and timeliness of reviews
Benefits for Restaurants
- Insights into what Grubhub users love about their restaurant
- Detail on actionable opportunities to improve service and grow diner loyalty
- Improved accuracy and timeliness of reviews
The new ratings and reviews system is now available on Grubhub and Seamless desktop and mobile web.